Do you love Europe? I mean, who doesn’t? With an already robust stable of flights from the US to Europe, American just opened the floodgates on more by announcing today the following exciting additions:
- Charlotte (CLT): Daily year-round service to Munich Airport (MUC)
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW): Daily summer seasonal service to Dublin (DUB) and to Munich
- Chicago (ORD): Daily summer seasonal service to Athens International Airport (ATH) in Greece
- Philadelphia (PHL): Daily summer seasonal service to Edinburgh Airport (EDI) in Scotland; new summer seasonal service to Berlin-Tegel Airport (TXL), Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport (BLQ) in Italy and Dubrovnik Airport (DBV) in Croatia
- Phoenix (PHX): Daily seasonal service to London Heathrow Airport (LHR)
As an added bonus, Finnair will be adding Helsinki (HEL) to Los Angeles flights!
Lost a few…
Unfortunately, there are some casualties to report (via The Forward Cabin):
PHL to Glasgow, Munich, Frankfurt JFK to Dublin, Edinburgh, Port-au-Prince Chicago to Manchester, Shanghai
The schedule and fleet
No real surprises here from American on the fleet decisions. Philadelphia has been seeing more and more of the 767, unfortunately, and Charlotte is a big A330 base.
Will you be taking advantage of these new routes? I know I will be! Dubrovnik and Berlin are on my list 🙂