Before the devastating hurricanes ravaged Puerto Rico, Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda had planned to bring Hamilton to Puerto Rico, but after Hurricane Maria devastated the island, the announcement was sped up.
Hamilton will be playing at Puerto Rico’s Teatro UPR (in Río Piedras) from January 8-27, 2019.
How to win tickets
Miranda has announced a contest benefitting The Flamboyan Arts Fund, which you can enter here.
From the moment a tour was announced for HAMILTON, I knew we were going to bring the show to Puerto Rico. To share this production in Puerto Rico and reprise the lead role means so much to me. More importantly, it’s an opportunity to revitalize the arts on the island, which, like so many other areas, have been devastated since Hurricane Maria. That’s why the producers of HAMILTON and I have partnered with the Flamboyan Foundation to create the Flamboyan Arts Fund and revitalize the cultural institutions, arts organizations, independent artists, and more that are in need during the recovery. But to do this, I need your help!
One entry costs $10 and will give you a chance to win:
- Two (2) VIP tickets to Opening Night of HAMILTON in Puerto Rico
- Two (2) tickets to the Opening Night after-party with Lin-Manuel Miranda and the cast
- Signed and framed photo with Lin-Manuel
- Plus some cool surprises
- Three (3) nights hotel accommodations in San Juan provided by Marriott
- Roundtrip airfare provided by JetBlue
Easy as that.
Featured image courtesy of Steve Jurvetson